- This event has passed.
Rory’s Miles 2 Mayo
September 8 - September 17
€434,553 OF €500K TARGET RAISED TO DATE!
This September, former Ireland Rugby Captain, Rory Best will be taking on a mammoth challenge to help children across Ireland cope with the impact of a cancer diagnosis.
To mark Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Rory will be shining a light on the experiences of children and young people by ‘walking a mile in their shoes’ or in this case, walking an epic 180 miles from Daisy Lodge in Co. Down to the site of Cancer Fund for Children’s new short break centre in Co. Mayo.
Rory’s ambitious trek will see him walk through a number of counties including his home county of Armagh as well as Fermanagh, Leitrim, Sligo, and Mayo to name a few. Rory is passionate about raising funds for Cancer Fund for Children who offer support to children across Ireland and aims to raise an amazing €500,000 but needs your help!
There are lots of ways you can get involved to answer Rory’s call:
- Support Rory as he takes on this amazing challenge and make a donation to help him reach his goal of €500,000! Your donation, big or small, will make a huge difference to ensure that no child faces cancer alone.
- Why not take on your own physical challenge – it could be walking 180 miles throughout September, walking 180,000 steps or set yourself the target of raising €180 by running, cycling, walking. Or you could use the number 180 to come up with your own fantastic fundraising ideas – sign up below to get a fundraising pack full of ideas! You can set up your own JustGiving page here.
- Get your school involved in Rory’s Miles 2 Mayo challenge by holding a fundraising drive or non-uniform day! If you do, your school could be entered into a draw to have Rory visit and chat about his time as Ireland rugby captain! Register below for more information!
- For all, you rugby players, sign your rugby club up, tackle some fundraising and be in with a chance to win a coaching session with Rory – complete the registration form below!
- You can also follow Rory’s 180 mile route and download a map here.
Support Rory and sign up for your own challenge.
To get more information and a fundraising pack, please register below