Join Our Daisy Chain to Help Build Daisy Lodge Mayo
May 4, 2021 - May 4, 2022
Join our Daisy Chain to help Cancer Fund for Children ensure children across Ireland don’t face cancer alone!
We are very excited by our vision to build and open Daisy Lodge Mayo, a new therapeutic short break centre for children diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Planning permission has been granted and the building design is ready to be launched. We have a target of €12.5 million to raise to build Daisy Lodge, located on the shores of Lough Corrib, and we need your help!
We want you to get involved and join our Daisy Chain to raise money towards our capital appeal. By generously fundraising, however big or small, you become a daisy in our chain, a chain that’s growth is vital in raising much-needed funds to ensure that no child in Ireland faces cancer alone.
Every month in Ireland, 32 children and young people (aged 0-24) are diagnosed with cancer. This means that one family every day faces the devastating news that their child has cancer. Cancer treatment is frightening, challenging and isolating. can devastate families emotionally, physically and financially.
We offer free therapeutic short breaks to families across Ireland who have a child diagnosed with cancer at our therapeutic short break centre, Daisy Lodge, in Co. Down. However, we can only provide one in seven families from Ireland with a short break and at any time, there is a waiting list of over 50 families waiting for support.
What are you waiting for? Summer is on the way and it’s time for our Daisy Chain to start growing!
Daisy Chain Registration
So, what do I do?
- Choose your challenge – the choice of the fundraising challenge is yours! From sponsored walks and cycles to a Daisy-themed bake-off. We want your challenge to be unique to you, your interests, abilities & goals. If you are unsure what to do, we have lots of ideas to get your creative juices flowing in the fundraising pack.
- Download your fundraising pack – which includes all the information you need about joining our Daisy Chain & beginning your fundraising journey.
- Set up your Justgiving page – it’s so easy to start raising money using Justgiving. You can set up your Daisy Chain fundraising page here.
- Challenge your friends – challenge your friends to join you, helping to raise even more awareness and funds to build Daisy Lodge in Mayo.
- Spread the word – call out your friends online, show us your images and encourage support for your challenge. Use the hashtags #TheDaisyChain #DaisyLodge4Mayo and remember to tag us! The more people we join us, the more young people in Ireland impacted by cancer we can support: Facebook @DaisyLodge4Mayo | Instagram @daisylodge4mayo |Twitter @CancerFundChild