- This event has passed.
Charity Cycle Challenge
July 6, 2020 - July 19, 2020
Get on your bike this July with Cancer Fund for Children and help ensure children don’t have to face cancer alone.
EVENT: Club Rider 300k cycle or 5k for 5 Days… you decide!
DATE: Monday 6th July – Sunday 19th July 2020
SIGN UP: € 22.00 donation for Club Rider 300k | €12.00 donation for 5k for 5 Days (the whole family can join in for just €12!)
FUNDRAISING: Go for it! Whatever you may be able to raise will be massively appreciated.
We’re gearing up for the challenge and we want you along for the ride! With 90% of our income coming from the fundraising of amazing businesses, clubs, schools and individuals, we have jumped on a new track so we can keep our wheels spinning and continue to provide vital support to families impacted by cancer now, when it is needed more than ever. It’s time to show us your pedal power and help us raise funds to build Daisy Lodge, Co Mayo a new therapeutic short break facility for children diagnosed with cancer and their familes.
So, what do I do?!
- Choose your challenge: Club Rider 300k or a family friendly 5k for 5 Days. It’s up to you.
- Sign up: sign up via Eventbrite to make your donation and receive your free Fundraising Pack.
- Gear up: take on your challenge between Monday 6th and Sunday 19th
- Challenge your friends: challenge your friends to join you, helping to raise even more awareness and funds in aid of Cancer Fund for Children.
- Spread the word: call out your friends online, show us your images and encourage support for your challenge. Use the hashtags #getonyourbike #daisycyclechallenge and remember to tag us! The more people we have join us, the more young people impacted by cancer we can support.
- Join us on the Facebook Event Page: here you will receive event updates from Cancer Fund for Children, be able to connect with your fellow participants, and share your photos and progress
Club Rider 300k
- Challenge: Cycle 300k in 2 weeks beginning on Monday 6th July and finishing no later than Sunday 19th July – the day the Tour de France was originally supposed to end!
- Why 300k?: It’s the approximate distance it would take to travel from our therapeutic short break centre Daisy Lodge in Newcastle, Co. Down, to the site where we will build our new Daisy Lodge in Cong, Co. Mayo!
- Let’s make it interesting: Challenge 1 friend to sign up and go head to head in a race to see who can cover the distance in the fastest time. Slowest time donates an extra €10 to Cancer Fund for Children!
5k for 5 Days
- Challenge: Cycle 5k a day, for 5 days – start your challenge on Monday 6th July and have your challenge completed by no later than Sunday 19th
- Let’s make it interesting: Challenge 5 family members or friends to sign up and take on the challenge with you. Who can achieve the best average time over the 5 days of your 5k challenge? Or see who can fundraise the most!
- Creative challenge: Design your own Daisy Jersey and ride with pride! Find an old top at home that you can make use of and start designing your very own Daisy themed cycling jersey. We want to see your creations! Post your pictures on our Facebook Event Page so all of our cycling community can see.
** STAY SAFE FOLKS! **
Your challenge should be taken alone, or with immediate family members living within the same household. Please make sure you adhere to all current government guidelines while taking part in your challenge.